When looking for a Tablet Mount for your iPad or Tablet, its not always easy trying to figure out what is the best solution for your individual needs. We’ve seen quite a few tablet mounts come and go since we launched in Sept of 2010. We’ve even seen a few very popular ones try to duplicate our super strength industrial adhesive application only to find out there is more to it than just using adhesive. There are some great solutions on the market. Some are very costly considering what you’ll use it for and there are some that only fill a very specific need. We think the PadTab is the most versatile system when considering your Tablet Mount options in both price and functionality.
When looking at other Tablet or Smart Phone Mounting options, ask yourself the following questions?
- How does the mount attach to the surface? Most higher end mounts want you to screw the mount into the wall. This is fine for most walls, but what about rental housing or the kitchen? Most kitchens don’t have usable wall space. This limits you to locations that are either lower than eye level (under the kitchen cabinet) or the Kitchen cabinet which most don’t want to drill a hole in. Our super strength industrial adhesive (not the same 3M Command Strips that you buy at retail and much weaker) allows your PadTabbed device to mount anywhere at eye level to use for recipes, or whatever your use in the kitchen is. When not in use, the TabClip is clear so its not an eyesore to stare at when you remove your device from it.
- How many locations can you mount your device out of the box? PadTab includes 2 TabClips so that you can hang your PadTabbed device in 2 different locations. Most customers don’t want to be limited to just one location so your already going to spend more money on your first mounting purchase if you desire to do this.
- Can you easily rotate your device in the mount from portrait to landscape? Most higher end mounts do have this function. PadTab is the only mount that allows this function in our price range.
- Can I use the same mount for my smart phone, and tablet? My spouses phone? or my kids devices as well? Some more expensive mounts make higher end cases that support additional devices, but due to cost control, they usually only focus on the top 2 or 3 Tablets and Smart Phones on the market. If you don’t have one of those units your out of luck. PadTab is universal so it will work on most Tablets and PadTab Mobile will work on most smart phones. They all are interchangeable with the same TabClips that you have mounted around your house, office or vehicle. Mounts that are similarly priced as the PadTab can only be used for whatever device you fit it for. Once you install it for a particular device, your not able to resize it on a daily basis dependent on which device you want to mount at the time. As tablets and smart phones become more affordable the ability to accommodate multiple models is a huge benefit.
- Is the mount upgradable? Most higher end mounts sell additional accessories so that you can use your device with a head rest, on the windshield, or with a VESA mount just to name a few. Most of these additions are twice as much as the mount itself. We created some additional simple solutions so that you can get your PadTabbed device wherever you want and we’ve tried to keep the price inline with our original units.
These are just a few things to consider when choosing a Tablet or Smart Phone mount along with what you intend to do with your device while it is mounted. We do see customers finding additional uses once they start using their PadTabbed devices, so take that into consideration when purchasing your mount.